Monday, November 21, 2011

November 20th

Perhaps, nothing good can last. But forever fades away, into something bigger & better...

My oldest a most prized possesion, a Silver Dollar that belonged to my Grandfather, dated 1892. At nearly 120 years old, it means more to me than most anything else I "own" but it still just, is only a possesion. If lost, I would be sad, as most would losing something that means a lot to them. It spent my Wedding day in my pocket, as my way of bringing my Grandfather with me into my biggest adventure.

My Grandfather passed away in 2002, in the coins 110th year. I miss him dearly. He has been on my mind a lot the last few days. I was given the coin after he passed away.

My Grandmother's wedding to her new husband was yesterday. I am very happy for her, and am sure my Grandfather is too. She is happier than I have ever seen. A different person even. That is the part that i am having trouble getting used to. The coin rested in my pocket throughout the service.

Just as the coin was passed to me, I hope to pass it to one of my children or grandchildren in the future. I hope it means as much to them as it does to me.

In doing so, I hope also they remember as I do now, that it is not the coin that I love, but the one who gave it to me. & that possesions will never last forever, no matter what they are. But love is forever.

Isaiah 40:6-8

6 The voice said, “Cry out!”

And he said, “What shall I cry?”

“ All flesh is grass, And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field.

7 The grass withers, the flower fades, Because the breath of the LORD blows upon it; Surely the people are grass.
8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment