Friday, February 24, 2012

Guide us, O Lord.

I wrote this in the summer of 2010.. Not sure of the exact date..

I was a beautiful night, great view. Just Me & God.


Guide us, O Lord.
The moon shines above the river & the city lights.

The Lord is with me on this summer night.
The river is strong & the current is fast.
The water is high as it rolls past,
the window I peer out.
Looking to the sky,
looking to the Lord,
& asking why.
Or where Lord?
Where should I look,
to seek Your face,
besides the Good Book?
The answer I seek,
is more simple than the question.
Show me O Lord,
where you are not,
& I will wonder no more.

The water will recede,
taking with it some trees.
but the city never sleeps,
& my God does NOT deceive.
The moon shines on,
& day will come soon,
today, tommorow & the next day too.
I don't know how this will end.
But the Lord is with us,
& I will defend,
His Word, His Truth, & His Son's Name.
The devil is DEFEATED,
& receives all the blame.
Lord give us strength,
to fight the Good fight of Faith,
for in battle we are nearly spent.
The answers are here Lord.
Guide us.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment